Head of the Department Tengiz Gugeshashvili MD, PhD
The Department is equipped with modern surgical instruments for general surgery and less invasive
operations: the STORZ last generation endolaparoscopy device for surgical interventions among them
providing 3D imaging, the ultrasound knife “HARMONIC”, ERBE APC 300, monopolar radio frequency
ablation system (RITA), intraoperative X-ray and US equipment (SIEMENS).
Department carries out the following surgery:
• surgical treatment of the diseases of abdominal organs;
• surgical treatment of the diseases of thyroid glands;
• reconstruction of carotid arteries;
• treatment of the varicose diseases of the
lower limbs with endoscopic method;
• treatment of the abdominal organs with
hemycolectomy, gastrectomy, colectomy;
• reconstructine surgery of esophagus
achalasia of hiatus hernia.
• appendectomy, splenectomy, adrenalectomy,
liver atypical resection, cholecystectomy,
hernia plastic surgery, etc.
• radical, organ-saving and reconstructive
esophagus, digestive tract-stomach,
small intestine, colon, rectum, liver,
pancreas, tumors of the retroperitoneal
space, bening and malignant small pelvis
laparoscopic bariatric surgery.