Head of the Department – Tatia Aleksishvili, MD, PhD
The department is equipped with two gamma-cameras “E.CAM Systems” and “E.Cam Extended Dual Detector Systems” of SIEMENS.
It is carried out:
• thyroid scan, topographic evaluation of the gland, estimation of the functional activity of thyroid and/ or of volumetric formations.
• parathyroid glands investigation.
• myocardium perfusion evaluation in patients with ischemic disease and in a high risk contingent.
• investigation with TC-99M labeled erythrocytes (liver hemangioma, ventriculography, GI bleeding, etc.).
• determination of the lung perfusion, estimation of the lung functional state.
• estimation of the functional state of the liver parenchyma and billiary system.
• diagnostic of Meckel’s diverticulum.
• functional investigation of kidneys, evaluation of the kidney transplant functional condition, diagnostic of renovascular hypertension.
• bone scan in patients with oncologic diseases, in case of primary tumors and metastatic involvement; diagnostics of bone inflammatory pathologies.
• definition of the state of the peripheral lymphatic system, degree of permeability and lymphostasis.
• evaluation of the brain blood supply and perfusion, diagnostics of vascular pathology, and correlation of findings with other neurovisualization methods.