Head of the Department – Davit Berdzenishvili MD, PHD
The department is equipped with: a surgical microscope (CONTRAVES), videomonitor (ZEISS), a high speed electrical drilling machine (AESCULAP), ultrasound aspirator (Cusa), an intraoperative portable X-Ray and US apparatus (SIEMENS), a universal neurosurgery operating table. Neuronavigation system Easy Guide (Philips).
It is carried out:
• minimally invasive microsurgical treatment of the head and spinal cord tumors.
• transcranial and transsphenoidal transnasal surgery of sellar tumors.
• surgical treatment for traumatic and spontaneous intracranial hemorrahage.
• reconstructive operations on peripheral nervous systems.
• vertebro-matal fixation.
• transconjunctival removal of intraorbital tumors.
• microvascular decompression of cranial nerves.
• surgical stabilization of CI-CII by transoral approach.
• surgical treatment for different kinds of hydrocephalus.
• surgical treatment of the brain arterial aneurism.
• surgical treatment of the spine discogenic and spondylogenic pathologies.
• microneurosurgery of the neck disco- and spondylogenic pathologies, radiculopathy and myelopathy with anterior and combined anterior-posterior approaches.